Thursday, February 10, 2011

KIN 710 Week 5 Homework Assignment

For this weeks assignment we had to play around with image generators as well as a website called library thing, where you can find books that you have read and see who else has read them as well. But we'll discuss more of that later. For now, this weeks assignment, even though was less demanding by means of how much work to do, seemed a lot harder for me, because of being sick. I've been sick since Monday. In fact I haven't gone to one practice this week and as we speak my women's basketball team is playing Concordia University while I sit here drained and tired doing my homework, because their is no time like the present.

Anywho, the first assignment was to play around with a website that dealt with image generators. Basically it gives you different images that you can play around with and see what you can do with them. This is the one the I decided to do.......

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more


The reason why I chose this image. Is because it reminds me of my wife's and my save the date card. We went to Santa Cruz and drew our initials in the sand and the wedding date. It was quite romantic to us and we have always loved that area in Santa Cruz and Monterey. Plus with this icon, the waves keep coming and washing our initials away but then they keep appearing. And it shows how deep our love for one another goes. That no matter what tries to ruin it or change it, we will always hold strong.

Ok, enough with the mushy stuff. The next website to view was the Library Thing. This was cool, in the fact that I could just type in any book that I have read, and the cover and author and everything just pops up. In fact one of the books, I accidentally got the title wrong and the website was still able to find it. The other cool thing about it was that it had reviews from other people that have read the book. So, not only could you see who else has read the book, but you can also compare notes as to what they thought about it compared to what you thought about it. Another thing I noticed is sometimes, there are different covers for the books. Like my Yogi Berra book had one cover when I added it to my catalog. But then I was able to change it to the cover that I actually own. Here is the link to my book catalog......

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/COACHRULE

So as always, let me leave you with my Coach's RULE of the day......"No matter how bad or hard you want something. If you are not up to doing it or if you are feeling sick. Take it easy. People will understand. And it is always better to take a few days off and rest/relax and not get other people sick, then to be the outbreak monkey and have everyone blaming you for getting sick."

No comments:

Post a Comment