Thursday, February 3, 2011

KIN 710 Week 4 Homework Assignment

The first thing we had to do for my kinesiology class what to look up website called delicious. It's a website where you can bookmark links of websites rather just bookmarking them on your web browser. It was an ok website. I don't know if I'd really want everyone or anyone seeing what I am bookmarking. I'm sure it would be a great tool for a classroom or even for coaching to find something to show my athletes quickly, but I just don't think the website is for me.

The next website to research was technorati. Now this one, I really had a hard time navigating. We were to put Kinesiology in the search menu and see what came, but it kept telling me there were no links to my search. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, but I really didn't find it useful.

Then we had to research youtube. I LOVE youtube. I used to have a video on their but we eventually deleted them. The video I posted to my blog is of dance revolution. It's a guy that does different dances to different songs. One of my friends originally sent me this link, saying that he reminded her of me. He is very talented, so I will take that as a compliment. I have and will continue to use youtube in my coaching and teaching career. In fact one of my athletes father has put up a video of all her highlights so far this year at FPU. So that goes to show that people of all ages use youtube.

Finally we had to look up podcasts and see how they helped or related to our field. I like hearing about different drills not just reading about them. So I found podcasts to really help me there. I found some great drills that deal with conditioning, which as a coach I love. Reading drills sometimes is tiring and I can get really bored doing it. But listening to someone actually explain the drills really helps to keep focus. Plus this could help me with my coaching, because I could just have my athletes listen to the podcast rather than having me re-explain it to them.

So my Coach's RULE of the day is, "sometimes we say too much and we end up putting our foot in our mouth. When you find that happens, just make sure you've taken a shower before and always admit when you made a mistake."

No comments:

Post a Comment